What is DSOM?
Northern New England District School of Ministry (DSOM) is a district sponsored and operated ministerial training program that enables individuals to complete the educational requirements necessary for becoming a credentialed minister with the Assemblies of God.
• DSOM also prepares lay leaders for effective ministry in their local church setting.
• DSOM uniquely combines home study, classroom instruction, the student’s relationship with a mentor, and active involvement in ministry to set their ministerial formation.
• DSOM seeks to provide the student with the highest quality instruction and resources possible in a practical and cost effective way.
• DSOM gives educational direction, sets an atmosphere for impartation of the Spirit, and guides the student’s spiritual development to equip them for effective, full-time ministry.
What Are The Benefits of DSOM
Builds a strong biblical foundation.
• Establishes spiritual formation and disciplines.
• Builds lasting relationships.
• Develops ministerial character, ethics, and integrity.
• It is time measured and cost affordable.
• Provides academic accountability.
• It is practical in structure.
• It is flexible and expandable in format.
• Instills learning disciples in study, time management, and lifestyle.
• It is direct, hands-on involvement in ministerial training.
• DSOM is NOT a college or university. Individuals who are able to attend college or seminary are strongly encouraged to attend an endorsed A/G college or seminary! (www.colleges.ag.org)
• DSOM in NOT an accredited school. Students must not expect that their NNEDSOM courses will be accepted by any A/G college, Bible school, or other accredited college.
• DSOM is NOT the same as Berean School of the Bible or Global University correspondence education. NNEDSOM satisfies the same credentialing requirements. Berean offers students correspondence courses that can be taken at any tme and at the student’s own pace. NNEDSOM courses are only available at specific times.
• DSOM is NOT the same as credentialing. NNEDSOM certainly helps applicants meet the educational requirements for credentialing. Credentialing within our Fellowship is an altogether separate process with its own exams, application and forms, and interview. Students interested in seeking credentials should contact the District Secretary’s office for additional information.
• DSOM IS about helping those who want to grow in their understanding of the Bible and ministry. It provides the instruction, interaction, accountability, and relationships that are not available through correspondence courses.
• DSOM IS for those who need to complete their educational requirements for credentialing within the Assemblies of God.
• DSOM IS for laypersons who may not be interested in credentials or full-time ministry, but who want to learn more about the Bible and improve their ability to serve Christ and their church.
Ready to get started with DSOM? Click here to visit the DSOM website where you can download the application.